CariVu - Caries Detection Device
DEXIS™ CariVu™ is a compact, portable caries detection device that uses patented transillumination technology to support the identification of occlusal, interproximal and recurrent carious lesions and cracks.
What makes CariVu unique?
- Uses transillumination technology that makes enamel appear transparent while porous lesions trap and absorb light
- Allows the clinician to see through the tooth, exposing its structure and the actual structure of any carious lesions
- CariVu images read like familiar X-ray images
- Uses non-ionizing radiation which is ideal for children, pregnant women and patients who are X-ray averse
What is the benefit of SLA?
By investing in a new CariVu, you will automatically receive a complimentary one-year Service Level Agreement (SLA) and the CariVu 2.0 software update.
SLA Plan Benefits:
- Telephone Technical Support
- Online Live Remote Assistance
- Free Software Updates & Upgrades
- Damaged Device Replacement
What's new with CariVu 2.0?
Fresh User Experience - The interface has been fully redesigned with a sleek modern look and further intuitive, streamlined functionality.
Quick Capture - It takes only a one-second squeeze of the ring to freeze and save images into the patient record.
Same-Tooth Comparison Aid - For easier diagnostic comparison and monitoring changes over time, the software auto-draws an outline of a prior image of the same tooth.
On-screen Acquisition Guidance - An on-screen indicator provides guidance on whether the lens should be closer or further away to achieve the clearest image results in the shortest time.
5-Second Video Capture - A short video clip can now be captured by rocking the device around the tooth. This provides a more complete visual diagnosis when exploring lesions.
Learn More About CariVu. Request a Demo Today.
CariVu uses no ionizing radiation. CariVu is a diagnostic aid for the detection of open or incipient carious lesions above the gingiva and for monitoring the progress of such lesions. Indications for use for CariVu are detection of: smooth surface caries, occlusal carries, proximal caries, initial caries, secondary caries, and cracks. Proximal dentin lesions represented in CariVu images correlate to the actual condition in the tooth with 99% accuracy. DX 001930 REV A